I wanted to live with these for a while before writing a review, so here are my thoughts after two months of using the AirPods 4 with ANC as my primary earbuds. **Comfort & Fit:** These are extremely comfortable. I can wear them for 4-5 hours straight without any ear fatigue. The fit is secure enough for walking and light jogging, but I wouldn't trust them during intense workouts. They've never fallen out during normal use, but I do find myself pushing them back in occasionally. **Active Noise Cancellation:** This is the headline feature and it's genuinely good — for open earbuds. It handles consistent low-frequency noise like engines, fans, and HVAC systems extremely well. It's less effective against irregular sounds like conversations, keyboard clacking, or street noise. I'd say it blocks about 60-70% of what the AirPods Pro 2 can do. For my use case (office and commuting), that's plenty. The transparency mode is best-in-class; it sounds completely natural. **Sound Quality:** Typical Apple tuning — neutral with a slight emphasis on clarity. Vocals sound fantastic. Acoustic instruments are detailed and well-separated. Bass is present but not punchy; if you're a bass head, these aren't for you. Spatial audio with head tracking is impressive for movies and supported music, though I don't use it often. **Battery Life:** With ANC on, I'm getting about 4.5 hours consistently. The case provides about 4 full charges. With ANC off, battery life extends to around 6 hours. Charging via USB-C is fast — 15 minutes gives me about an hour of listening. Wireless charging works reliably with my Magsafe pad. **Call Quality:** This is where these earbuds really shine. The voice pickup is excellent even in moderately noisy environments. I've taken calls walking along a busy street and the other person said I sounded clear. Wind noise reduction is also impressive. **Build Quality & Condition:** My unit came in perfect condition — clean, no scratches, well-packaged. The case feels premium with a satisfying hinge. The finish does show fingerprints easily though. **Value:** At $179, these occupy an interesting spot. They're cheaper than the AirPods Pro 2 but significantly more expensive than competitors. For Apple ecosystem users, the seamless integration (instant switching, Find My, Siri) justifies the premium. For Android users, look elsewhere. **Final Verdict:** These are excellent earbuds for Apple users who want ANC but find silicone tips uncomfortable. They're not for everyone — the fit is critical, and the ANC has limitations. But for my needs, they're nearly perfect.
Recommended


