I bought the Dell OptiPlex 7090 Micro Desktop because I wanted a small computer that would not take over my desk. My old tower still worked, but it was loud, dusty, and honestly too big for what I do now. This little unit arrived packed securely with the power adapter in a separate section of the box. The cosmetic condition was better than expected, and I had to look closely to see most of the wear. There were a few marks near the ports, which is pretty normal for a used business computer. Setup took less than twenty minutes after I plugged in my monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Windows started clean and did not have weird trial programs popping up everywhere. I ran updates first because I did not want to judge the speed while the system was still doing background work. After the updates finished, the computer felt much quicker than I expected for the price. Chrome with a lot of tabs open, Gmail, QuickBooks, and a couple of spreadsheets all run fine at the same time. Video calls have also been stable, though of course the webcam and microphone depend on what you plug into it. The fan is not totally silent, but during normal use I barely notice it over the room noise. Under updates or heavier tasks it does spin up for a little while. That did not bother me because the sound is more like a soft whoosh than a high-pitched whine. The best part is the size. I put it behind my monitor and gained a surprising amount of desk space. The port selection is enough for my printer, external drive, keyboard receiver, and monitor cable. I would not buy it for gaming, video editing, or anything that needs a large graphics card. But for office work, school work, and general home use, it is a very practical machine. I also like that the lower price made it easier to buy one for a second room. If you are expecting a brand-new retail unboxing experience, you might be disappointed. If you are expecting a clean, compact, useful computer that works well, this is a strong deal. Overall I am happy with it and would recommend it to someone who understands they are buying a small refurbished business PC.
Recommended


