Oct 28, 2025I wanted to love this
I wanted to love this. I really did. I saved up for months to buy this keyboard because I wanted to turn my iPad into a laptop replacement for college. And it's... fine. The keyboard feels nice to type on and the trackpad works well enough. But there are some things that bug me.
First, the viewing angle. You can't adjust it very much. It's basically one angle — slightly tilted back. If you're in a brightly lit coffee shop or sitting by a window, you're going to get glare and there's not much you can do about it. Second, the weight. My iPad Pro is supposed to be portable but with this thing attached it's heavier than my roommate's MacBook Air. Third, the price. I paid $299 and honestly I feel like I overpaid. The materials are nice but they show wear quickly. The outside of mine already has some scuffs and I've only had it for a few months.
I also wish the keyboard had more shortcut keys. There's no escape key (you have to use the software one or remap it), no screen brightness keys, no media controls. For $300 I expect a full keyboard layout.
I'm keeping it because I need a keyboard for my classes and it does work, but I can't say I'm happy with the value. If you can find one used or refurbished for under $200, go for it. At full price, I'd think twice.
Pros- Good typing feel, - Responsive trackpad, - Looks premium
Cons- Very limited viewing angle, - Heavy and bulky, - Overpriced for what it is, - Exterior scuffs easily, - Missing dedicated shortcut keys
Would not recommend this product