Oct 5, 2025Picked this up refurbished for $220 and at that price it's excellent value
Picked this up refurbished for $220 and at that price it's excellent value. The one I received was in almost new condition — a couple tiny scuffs on the corners but the screen was clean and the keys looked barely used. Typing feel is great, backlighting is even, and the trackpad makes iPadOS feel like a real laptop. Would I pay full price? Probably not. But if you can find one on sale or refurbished, it's absolutely worth it. The pass-through charging is convenient and the build quality is typical Apple — solid and premium.
Pros- Excellent typing experience, - Responsive trackpad, - Good value when purchased refurbished or on sale
Cons- Heavy — makes the iPad Pro heavier than a MacBook Air, - Expensive at full retail price, - Limited color options
Recommended
Was this review helpful?
AAmanda F.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Aug 25, 2025I ordered this as an open-box item from Best Buy and was honestly a little nervous about what condition it would be in
I ordered this as an open-box item from Best Buy and was honestly a little nervous about what condition it would be in. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised — it looked almost brand new. There were maybe one or two very minor scratches on the hinge area that you can only see if you hold it up to the light at the right angle. The keyboard was spotless, the screen was clean, and there was no visible wear on the keys at all. For the price I paid ($210 for open-box excellent), this was an absolute steal. The keyboard itself works perfectly and has completely changed how I use my iPad for work. If you're on the fence about buying one of these, definitely check open-box or refurbished options first. You might get lucky like I did.