Look, the keyboard itself is fine. The keys have a nice feel, good travel, and the backlighting works well in dim rooms. The trackpad is smooth and gestures work most of the time. But honestly? This thing costs as much as an entry-level iPad. For that price I expected perfection, and there are definitely compromises. The viewing angles are limited compared to a regular laptop. You can't fold it back to use the iPad as a tablet without taking it out of the case. And the material on the outside shows fingerprints and smudges like crazy. I got mine on sale for about $280 which felt more reasonable, but at full retail price I just can't recommend it unless money is no object.
Pros- Great typing experience with good key travel, - Backlit keys work well, - Trackpad is responsive and accurate
Cons- Extremely expensive for what it is, - Limited viewing angles, - Shows fingerprints and smudges easily, - Adds significant weight
Would not recommend this product
Was this review helpful?
AAmanda F.Verified purchase★★★★★★★★★★
Aug 25, 2025I ordered this as an open-box item from Best Buy and was honestly a little nervous about what condition it would be in
I ordered this as an open-box item from Best Buy and was honestly a little nervous about what condition it would be in. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised — it looked almost brand new. There were maybe one or two very minor scratches on the hinge area that you can only see if you hold it up to the light at the right angle. The keyboard was spotless, the screen was clean, and there was no visible wear on the keys at all. For the price I paid ($210 for open-box excellent), this was an absolute steal. The keyboard itself works perfectly and has completely changed how I use my iPad for work. If you're on the fence about buying one of these, definitely check open-box or refurbished options first. You might get lucky like I did.